DEPARTMENT OF WISCONSIN
The Fighting Sixth District
Calumet Green Lake Fond du Lac
Manitowoc Marquette Winnebago
6th District Scholarship
The Norman Krueger American Legion Memorial Scholarship was established to provide scholarship awards to young adults of the American Legion Sixth District. One scholarship, in the approximate amount of $700, will be awarded in 2018 to a graduating high school senior residing in the American Legion Sixth District. The scholarship program is administered by InFaith Community Foundation, a national charity with a mission to serve donors, spread joy and change lives.
Norman Krueger was a Past Commander of the Sixth District of the American Legion and was involved in The American Legion Oratorical Contest at the time of his death. Through the years that Norman Krueger was involved in The American Legion, he saw the extreme importance in family values and the need for volunteer help in many areas. Many of those needs can be aided with the help of young, energetic adults, and therefore the reason for asking that the applicant has contributed such help to their community or church. The family of Norman Krueger wishes to pass the ideals for which he stood to the young adults of the American Legion Sixth District. The best way the family knows how to do this is to aid at least one young student to continue his/her goals in life by attending an institution of higher learning.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be a graduating high school senior residing in the American Legion Sixth District. The Sixth District is made up of Calumet, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Manitowoc, Marquette and Winnebago Counties. More than one student from a school may apply.
- The institution of higher learning of the student’s choice must be a four-year, accredited school. The applicant must be a full-time student, carrying at least 12 credits.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they are a child or grandchild of a U.S. veteran.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they rank in the upper 1/3 of his/her graduating class.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have volunteered his/her service in the community and/or church during his/her high school career.
Students who wish to apply to the scholarship program must complete an online application, available on the InFaith Community Foundation website at infaithfound.org/newsgrants/
American Legion Scholarship Programs